Friday, April 23, 2010

Seven years and four days ago...

....Jim and Andrea went on their first date.

For those of you who don't know our story I will summarize here. Short and sweet.

We met through friends in college. He was a freshman and I (the older woman) was a sophomore at Western WA U. Our first date was purely Bellingham. He took me to Mambo Italiano in Fairhaven for dinner, Mallards for ice cream downtown and back to his place where we watched his favorite movie (Snatch) and made me some green tea because I was cold.

Last weekend we celebrated our SEVEN year anniversary with a trip to Bellingham. We checked in at the Village Inn in Fairhaven, had drinks at the Black Cat, and of course dinner at Mambo Italiano. After dinner we took a walk through campus to "check out the new buildings" and found ourselves in front of the fountain in Red Square where we had our first kiss. Although distracted by a group of Asian kids running around with squirt guns, he managed to pop the question. I said yes :)

"Yes" is what brings me to the point of this blog. I'm hoping to keep a record of our upcoming year of engagement. No, there isn't a date yet. We really haven't started the planning process at all. I think with this blank slate I may even be able to give future brides-to-be an idea of what it's really like to plan a wedding. I really don't know what to expect but I hope my journey will at least be entertaining to those of you who decide to keep up.

Thanks for your support!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment