Sunday, April 25, 2010

A brighter weekend

The weather has been very unpredictable so far this spring but we saw a little bit of sun this weekend. I decided to make another trip up to Bellingham to see one of my new favorite bands, Camera Obscura, and spend some time with my dear friend Megan. Jim was celebrating his best friend's birthday in Tacoma so it turned out to be a good time for a girl's night!

Megan and her husband said their "I Do's" almost two years ago at a beautiful little Inn near La Conner. Megan has always been artistic and decided to design her own wedding invitations which turned out beautifully. During my visit this weekend she burned a CD of all of the wedding ideas she collected during her planning process which I plan to disect (and blog about) this week. Thanks Megan!

My best friend and MOH, Maria Szablya, is the official photographer of my blog. She has a great eye for objects and people and an itchy trigger finger. She took the puckered picture above at Pike Place market this weekend. I have been drawn to the color yellow lately...possibly a wedding color?


Speaking of colors I'm loving this blue and teal. I found this hand-pressed card at the Bellingham farmer's market (http://www.bisonbookbinding.com/). I also love peacocks! There was a park near where I grew up where peacocks would run free.

On a non-wedding note I purchased my very own scooter this week! I spent my afternoon scootin' about the Fremont/Ballard/Greenlake area. We also managed to get this awesome shot of Lena. She doesn't have a helmet but she's got the eyewear covered!









2 comments:

  1. Nice card! ; ) Bison is awesome...I can't believe they're doing all their work out of their home now! They use to be downtown...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired Reid to get more work done on the scooter too...he'll probably just end up selling it, but we'll have some fun w/it first!

    ReplyDelete